The Onya Reusable Bread bag is your environmentally friendly way to bring your bread home or to freeze your home baked bread. Onya’s reusable bread bags do a fantastic job of toting your bread home while also helping the environment by reducing plastic pollution and waste.
The dimensions of the bags have been modelled off the size of the bags normally given out at bakeries. They are made from up to 10 recycled plastic drink bottles which results in a beautiful, strong, durable product that will last for many years.
Single use plastic bread bags may work for bringing your fresh baked bread home but the bags, along with their toggles and ties, have a disastrous impact on the environment.
- Made from up to 10 recycled plastic drink bottles (rPET)
- Pull through inner lining for easy cleaning
- Double lined to help lock in freshness
- Freezer proof due to the unique double lining helps prevent freezer burn
- Fits most sized loaves including “high top” loaves up to 16cm high
- Roll and clip closure also acts as a handle when shopping to make your bread bag a breeze to transport
- Made from BPA Free foodsafe rPET material (recycled plastic drink bottles)
- 100% Recyclable & Sustainable
- Measures 41cm long x 27.5cm wide, 10cm gussett
- Made to Australian Bakers Industry Standards
- 100% Vegan Friendly
- 12 month Manufacturers Warranty
- Hand wash only
Most fresh bread purchased at a bakery or made at home is preservative free meaning that your loaf will likely only last 2-3 days stored on your bench top before going stale. To preserve your bread for longer it is best to freeze your bread when it is cool but fresh.
Avoid storing your fresh bread in the fridge as the moist environment can encourage bacteria to form along the surface of the bread forming mold.
The bags are perfect to use as storage for the home baker. Simply bake, allow your loaf to cool, slice and freeze in your reusable bread bag!
*Although made from recycled plastic drink bottles and technically plastic, the rPET material that makes our bags is woven in nature not solid state plastic like a single use plastic bread bag which is non-permeable for air and water.
Onya are serious about sustainability, and there’s a very good reason for that. If humanity continues creating and disposing of plastic in the ways of (and the rate at) what we have been doing, the consequences for the planet will be catastrophic.
Manufacturers such as Onya are making a positive difference by offering alternatives to cut back on plastic waste, finding ways to repurpose the plastic that already exists, and creating multi-use products that are reusable for many years.