Embarking on a zero waste lifestyle, is even easier now with ONYA produce bags. They are an easy alternative to single use plastic fruit and vegetable bags when shopping. There is no need for single use plastic.
Extremely light but deceptively strong, the mesh bags are crafted from special rPet fabric made from recycled plastic drink bottles. The bags barely register on a scale and still allow shop assistants to easily see exactly what is inside your bag.
They can hold up to 2 kilos/4.4 pounds of produce and feature a gussett and drawsting tie as well as a storage pouch and carabiner clip to hook onto your bag, bike or backpack.
The open nature of the mesh bags allows your bench top produce such as apples and oranges to ‘breathe’ which gives it a longer life compared to plastic bags. Bacteria thrive in moist environments, and by having a bag that can breathe and allow natural air flow, moisture evaporates more readily from the food surface, robbing the bacteria of the conditions needed for spoiling your food.
Other uses for your ONYA produce bags
Incredibly versatile, our reusable produce bags have been used for everything such as exclusion bags for fruit trees, colanders to wash fresh leafy greens and even fly nets.
Some other uses may be:
- Bulk Goods: Dried Fruit, Nuts, Grains
- Laundry bag
- Nut Milk bag
- Herb Drying
Care and the after life
The bags can be washed simply with a cool water handwash when the need arises, or they can be put on a cool gentle cycle in the washing machine.
Because these bags are made from recycled drink bottles, they are fully recyclable themselves making them the most environmentally friendly choice for produce bags.
- Made from BPA Free foodsafe rPET material (recycled plastic drink bottles)
- Weighing just 10 grams per bag, they are lightweight but strong
- Each bag holds up to 2 kilos/4.4 pounds
- The bags measure 30cm wide x 25cm high/11.8in wide x 9.8in high and they have a 2cm/0.7in gusset
- Bags feature a gussett and draw string tie
- See through mesh bags allow shop assistants to know exactly what’s inside at a glance
- Made from up to 10 recycled plastic drink bottles (rPET)
- 100% Vegan Friendly
- 12 month Manufacturers Warranty
Onya are serious about sustainability, and there’s a very good reason for that. If humanity continues creating and disposing of plastic in the ways of (and the rate at) what we have been doing, the consequences for the planet will be catastrophic.
Manufacturers such as Onya are making a positive difference by offering alternatives to cut back on plastic waste, finding ways to repurpose the plastic that already exists, and creating multi-use products that are reusable for many years.