Many of us have poor circulation and are not actually aware of it. Many of us have tiny bumps on the backs of our upper arms or thighs and we do nothing about it. We also tend to assume that healthy radiant skin is only for people in magazines. But what if we told you that taking a few minutes a day to dry body brush before your shower could make a huge difference to your skin AND your health? Dry body brushing is your new best friend!
Dry body brushing has so many benefits and is most commonly known for promoting a healthy and glowing appearance. But it doesn’t stop there. The other benefits include:
- Improve Lymphatic & Blood circulation
- Boost your natural immunity
- Exfoliate dead skin cells
- Improve dry skin conditions
- Excellent for Eczema, Psoriasis and Keratosis Pilaris
- Improve appearance of cellulite & stretch marks
- Strengthen, smooth and tone
- Stimulate endorphins
Daily brushing helps remove dead skin cells which could also assists in absorbing oxygen and nutrients more effectively.
How to dry body brush:
It is important to NEVER brush over inflamed areas such as open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburn, active cancer states, enlarged lymph nodes.
- Use a soft bristle for the face, neck, decolletage and bikini areas.
- Generally stroke upward in one movement using light strokes and repeat 7 times.
- Brush the left side of the body before moving to brush the right side. (or vice versa)
- Brush the bottom half of the body (yes, that means beginning with your feet) and work your way up towards your heart.
- Adjust pressure to your comfort levels. Slight reddening (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
- Shower or bath immediately after body brushing to refresh the skin and wash away exfoliated cells.
Which brush is the right one to use?
A good starting point here would be to make it clear that dry skin brushing should never hurt. The main benefits of dry skin brushing is to stimulate your lymphatic system, and it takes only a gentle touch. You don’t need a hard brush to receive the benefits.
However, if you are looking at improving your blood circulation, improving cellulite, stretch marks or very dry skin conditions you are going to want something that also stimulates your blood circulation and does more than just a light exfoliation. That’s why we think a Medium bristle or Firm bristle brush is the way to go.
SOFT BODY BRUSH
Recommended for those with sensitive or delicate skin. This is also the recommended brush for children or those suffering from Eczema or Psoriasis.
MEDIUM BODY BRUSH
Recommended for those who have never dry brushed before, or who have a slightly more sensitive skin. Medium bristle is great to start with to build strength then upgrade to a firm bristle. This strength of brush is great to treat cellulite, keratosis pilaris and some less sensitive psoriasis suffers.
FIRM BODY BRUSH
Recommended for those with normal or thickened, rough skin. This brush will give the best exfoliation possible without causing damage. Great stimulation of blood circulation to improve skin strength and condition. Great for those with very dry skin, cellulite, keratosis pilaris, poor circulation, stretch marks, loose skin etc.
Now is a great time to get started with this simple little ritual so you can brush away your dry winter flakes and reveal your radiant summer glow.